The fact that they are everywhere we look, is a testament to the many advantages that modern uPVC windows and doors bring the British homeowner, and with extreme durability and sleek styles, there is little around to challenge uPVC as the perfect material for frames. If you are building your dream home, or looking for replacement windows, here are a few of the benefits that double glazing offers.
- Thermal Insulation – The harsh British climate demands a high level of insulation in the home, and aside from the roof, the windows and doors are where most heat loss occurs. There are local companies that ca, or just about anywhere else, and with a Google search, you win quote for double glazed doors in Essex soon be able to explore the many options.
- Sound Insulation – This is another big draw, and the hermetically sealed double glazed units offer the highest level of sound insulation. The sound of a barking dog, or a whirring strimmer, will soon be a thing of the past, and if you ever fancy a sleep in the afternoon, it will now be possible. The opening units have neoprene seals that close tight when the window is shut, and this enables a higher level of noise reduction.
- Security – Home security is on everyone’s mind these days, and double glazing is perhaps the best solution. All burglars are well aware of how difficult it is to gain forced entry and will simply look for an unprotected home – of which there are many – and if that isn’t a good deterrent, I don’t know what is. Triple locking on the doors ensure forced entry is impossible, and when you and the family are on holiday, it will be reassuring, knowing the home is protected.
- Aesthetic Appeal – Replacing your windows and doors offers a unique opportunity to transform the look of the property, and with faux timber grain finishes, even the rustic home can be accommodated. The right combination will drive the value of the property up, which is yet another benefit. In fact, some homeowners who have had the property on the market without a response, replace the windows and suddenly find a buyer.
- Energy Saving – The many benefits include using less energy to heat your home in the winter, and the a/c will not have to work so hard in the summer with double glazing. If you are at all eco-friendly, replacing your windows and doors will reduce your carbon footprint, not to mention the money you will save. With adequate roof insulation, the new windows and doors will reduce heat loss by up to 60%, which will be reflected in the low energy bills the next winter.
With all of the above, plus zero maintenance, it is difficult to see any other system that will offer similar advantages, and with a ten year guarantee, you can rest assured you have made a wise investment.